Tuesday, November 18, 2014

TLR Exhaust Up-Date

 A month or so ago, I spent some time on this blog whining about the unsuitability of a couple of aftermarket downpipes which I had picked-up for the TLR. My complaint was that they did not fit.

As usual, especially with things mechanical, I was wrong. The fault was mine. After I had installed the WES system (which I had been using for several years) with the stock down pipe I went for several rides and a couple of weeks ago, I decided to give it another go...just to see if the new down pipe would work.

In fact the Delkevic Down Pipe installed perfectly. It has a little mounting point on the side to which a guard could be mounted. I have not seen anything which might work, but then again I have not really checked out their website. May be one of those little guards that are seen on older Triumph up pipes would work....We will see.

Just a note on the performance of the bike. It is working perfectly. The lower gearing makes it easier to get the front end up in the air to get over ledges, and the new rear Dunlop Trials tire makes a noticeable difference in rocks and deep sand. Given the problems that I have had with the TY, it is comforting to be able to go to the garage and know that I can go for a ride anytime I want....Thank you Soichiro Honda. The bike may be a little heavy, but it starts and runs every time.




No comments:

Post a Comment